Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moving Day With a Side of Ice-Cream

Ami was moving out of her apartment - Dad was celebrating his birthday.  I'm sure you can imagine what type of day HE was having.  Let me paint a brief picture [ at least what I walked in on] of his afternoon:  It's HOT out - Ami's apartment is in the basement of the building - there's a tiny walkway that isn't forgiving to large furniture items,  (i.e. the couch that took three of us to shove out the door, around the corner & up OVER the lovely hosta plants that I prolly would've let get mushed, but Ma noticed the landlord approaching & quickly hoisted up the bottom end of the couch in order to save the plants.... & us from being fined??? lol)  Everybody was hot, tired & crabby...  Ami & Harper were both under the weather, while my other three children were somewhere underfoot - most likely in the mud or courtyard flower beds.  Yikes

But there's joy...  And it's called root beer floats & cookie dough ice-cream! :-)  We couldn't let Dad's birthday go un-noticed, so we all beat the heat at Culver's - & I think everyone was quite satisfied.  Happy Birthday to the best Dad/Bumpa ever!  We love you!
-Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment